- Rustic Mediterranean Salad Dressing
Rustic Mediterranean Salad Dressing
Any veggie fans out there?
Today I’ll be sharing the recipe for my favorite salad dressing!
This super easy recipe has been in my family for over 4 generations now and it epitomizes the beauty and simplicity of the Mediterranean cuisine.
Vibrant and flavorful, it owes its liveliness to a combination of five basic staples, common in many Mediterranean cuisines: extra virgin olive oil + apple cider vinegar + fresh lemon + salt + coarsely ground black pepper.
As simple as that, but what a combo!
The secret –as always– is in the quality of the ingredients. Since there’re so few of them here, each one of them matters.
What I truly love about this dressing is that it enhances the flavor of any veggie it accompanies (rather than hide it), especially in Mediterranean salads such as:
- Mediterranean veggie salad (typically made with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers and finely chopped onion)
- Italian Caprese salad (with sweet basil and fresh mozzarella)
- Greek salad
- Tomato salad
- Cuke salad
- Couscous salad
- Tabbouleh (with bulgur and parsley)
- Greek Tzatziki (with fresh mint, fresh dill, plain kefir or plain yogurt)
- Mediterranean coleslaw (with no mayo)
- Mediterranean Caesar salad (with plain kefir)
- Niçoise salad (with eggs, mustard and plain kefir)
And before I forget: Feel free to dunk a slice of bread in the marvelous dressing!
Here it is:
Cooking skills: none
Preps: 2 minutes
Makes: enough for a medium-size bowl of salad
You will need:
A splash extra virgin olive oil
A splash high quality apple cider vinegar
A little splash freshly squeezed lemon
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Optional additions: finely chopped fresh onion, garlic
How to make it:
Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well. Pour on top of your veggie salad and mix.
Enough said, time to slurp!
Wishing you an exquisite dressing, a succulent salad, and a lovely weekend!
Wise Choice Market