Loki Fish Wild Seafood Sampler
This sampler pack gives you the opportunity to try a selection of the finest wild seafood - and it makes an ideal gift!!
Here's what's in our Wild Seafood Sampler:
- Wild Keta Salmon:one 6 oz fillet portion. Keta salmon fillets are thick and meaty, with a mild flavor. They are great for marinating and grilling, and for individuals who don't like an overpowering salmon flavor.
- Wild Coho Salmon: one 6 oz fillet portion. Coho salmon fillets are flavorful and rich, great for entertaining. They do equally well grilled, baked, or pan-fried.
- Wild Smoked Pink Salmon, Plain: three 5 oz portions. A light, delicate smoked salmon with a mild flavor. Smoking emphasises its natural characteristics and oils. Delicious with eggs or added to salads.
- Wild Smoked Pink Salmon, Pepper-Garlic: three 5 oz portions. In this version, garlic and pepper are added after the initial brining in honey and salt, resulting in a delicious combination of flavors.
- Salmon Caviar (Ikura): one 4 oz jar. Nutrient-dense and rich in essential fatty acids, these wild salmon fish eggs are cured in small batches with a light salt brine to enhance flavor and preserve quality. Perfect for making your own sushi, garnishing deviled eggs, or enjoying with our sprouted grain breads.
Please note that one or more of the items or flavors in the sampler might be unavailable. If this happens, we'll double up on one or more of the others.
From a fishery certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council.
Shipped to you:
Frozen, with dry ice (continental USA only)
WHERE DOES THE WILD SALMON COME FROM?
Loki Fish Company is a family owned business based in Seattle, WA. Loki have earned a national reputation for its eco-conscious practices. They are certified sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council. Their wild salmon is harvested in Southeast Alaska and the Puget Sound.
WHICH WILD SALMON FOODS ARE AVAILABLE ON YOUR SITE?
We offer fillets of Coho and Keta salmon, Ikura (salmon caviar), smoked pink salmon, and an organic smoked salmon spread.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COHO AND KETA SALMON?
Coho salmon fillets are flavorful and rich, great for entertaining. They do equally well grilled, baked, or pan-fried. When pan frying we suggest using traditional fats such as lard and coconut oil.
Keta salmon fillets are thick and meaty, with a mild flavor. They are great for marinating and grilling, and for individuals who don't like an overpowering salmon flavor.
I’VE HEARD SALMON CAVIAR IS A GOOD SOURCE OF OMEGA 3 FATS.
That’s correct! Salmon caviar is direct source of the brain-building fatty acid DHA, which is necessary for the brain and nerves. In fact a one ounce serving contains an average of 1,800mg of Omega 3! It also packs the fat soluble vitamins A, D, K2 (Activator X) and E.
HOW SHOULD I STORE THE SALMON ONCE IT ARRIVES?
We ship all of the salmon products frozen. They can be kept frozen for about 6 months, according to production date, when the freezer temperature is set at zero or below.
When thawed, all salmon products should remain in the refrigerator until ready to eat. The salmon caviar can be refrigerated for 3-5 days after defrosting. Keep it in the coldest part of your refrigerator (not the door). The smoked salmon can be refrigerated for about 4 or 5 days after defrosting. The salmon spread should be consumed within 10 days of defrosting.
I’M CONCERNED ABOUT RADIATION FROM FUKUSHIMA. ISN’T THAT A PROBLEM?
We’ve looked into this and found that seafood taken from Alaska waters tested negative for radiation. You’re welcome to read the results provided by our salmon supplier Loki Fish Co. And from the Alaska Dispatch News you can also check out the more recent test results from November 30, 2015 here.
WHAT ABOUT MERCURY IN SALMON?
Salmon from Alaska's clean waters, because of their short life span, are reputed to be the lowest of the fish in mercury.
Information provided in this communication is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual. This is general information for educational purposes only. The information provided is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call consultation or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider. Wise Choice Marketing Inc is not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through Wise Choice Marketing Inc
How to Pan-Fry...