- Yogurt Parfait with Soaked Cereals and Fresh Fruit
Yogurt Parfait with Soaked Cereals and Fresh Fruit
On the menu today is this lovely yogurt parfait, inspired by a similar treat my youngest daughter had gotten herself during a recent trip to the grocery store.
It’s simple and exquisite and lends itself to many possible variations.
Without further ado, here we go:
Preps: 10 minutes
You will need:
3 cups plain yogurt/plain Greek yogurt
A handful blueberries
A handful strawberries, stems removed, diced
A handful raspberries
½ ripe banana, sliced into 9 rings
1 cup organic soaked cereals (I used Original Coconut but any organic soaked cereal would work)
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 see-through serving glasses
How to make it:
1. At the bottom of each serving glass place two banana slices, a few strawberries, a few raspberries, and a few blueberries. (Keep enough fruit for garnish)
2. Mix yogurt with vanilla extract and fill each serving glass until half an inch from the top.
3. Top with cereal and fruit. Serve.
- Other fruit suitable for this treat: mango, pineapple, raisins, blackberries
- You can swap the organic soaked cereals for trail mix, nuts, peanuts or oats.
- If you wish to sweeten the yogurt, use stevia/honey/maple syrup (to taste) or blend the yogurt with a ripe banana in advance.
Enough talking, go enjoy your treat!
I will take this opportunity to wish you a lovely weekend,
Wise Choice Market