- Simple Mango Compote Jam (no Added Sugar)
Simple Mango Compote Jam (no Added Sugar)
Our jam today is made entirely out of ripe mangoes.
It retains a lively fruity flavor rarely found in factory-made jams. The secret? Our jam is not a regular jam, but rather a very concentrated compote, cooked down into a paste.
Go grab two ripe mangoes and let’s get to work.
Sweetened by: fruit only
Preps: 10 minutes (cook time: 20 minutes)
Makes: 1 1⁄2 cups
You will need:
2 very ripe mangoes, peeled, cored and diced
1 tbsp. coconut ghee
1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
A few drops fresh lemon/lime (no seeds)
How to make it:
1. Melt coconut ghee in a pot, then add the fruit, the lemon, and the cinnamon. Stir.
2. Cook on high, uncovered, stirring often, till fruit falls apart.
3. Continue cooking on medium-high, uncovered, stirring often, till the mixture resembles a thick paste.
4. Remove from heat, let cool.
5. Blend or mash with a wooden spoon.
6. Transfer into a jar. Refrigerate.
- The jam should be kept in the fridge.
- As it contains no added sugar and no preservatives, the jam will not keep for very long.
Replace coconut ghee with organic grass-fed ghee, butter, or coconut oil.
On this very fruity note, I will wish you a lovely weekend!
Wise Choice Market
DO YOU LIKE FRESH FRUIT?
I have written over 30 easy fruit recipes to make from scratch at home!
All the recipes are in my book Fresh Fruit Anyone? Easy Homemade Fruit Treats from Scratch, where you will find fruit-based snacks and desserts, mango porcupines, unique lemonades and smoothies, berry slushies, banana ice creams, orange-strawberry popsicles, peach jelloes, apple compotes, pear and berry jams, awesome no-bowl fruit salads, and much more!
I invite you to explore, enjoy, dig in, and be inspired by this fruitilicious feast!