- Simple Mango Compote Jam (no Added Sugar)
Simple Mango Compote Jam (no Added Sugar)
Our jam today is made entirely out of ripe mangoes.
It retains a lively fruity flavor rarely found in factory-made jams. The secret? Our jam is not a regular jam, but rather a very concentrated compote, cooked down into a paste.
Go grab two ripe mangoes and let’s get to work.
Sweetened by: fruit only
Preps: 10 minutes (cook time: 20 minutes)
Makes: 1 1⁄2 cups
You will need:
2 very ripe mangoes, peeled, cored and diced
1 tbsp. coconut ghee
1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
A few drops fresh lemon/lime (no seeds)
How to make it:
1. Melt coconut ghee in a pot, then add the fruit, the lemon, and the cinnamon. Stir.
2. Cook on high, uncovered, stirring often, till fruit falls apart.
3. Continue cooking on medium-high, uncovered, stirring often, till the mixture resembles a thick paste.
4. Remove from heat, let cool.
5. Blend or mash with a wooden spoon.
6. Transfer into a jar. Refrigerate.
- The jam should be kept in the fridge.
- As it contains no added sugar and no preservatives, the jam will not keep for very long.
On this very fruity note, I will wish you a lovely weekend!
Wise Choice Market