- Mashed Apple & Banana
Mashed Apple & Banana
One of my favorite treats is mashed apple and banana.
Apple and banana go great together. The apple is juicy and crunchy, the banana is creamy. A delightful natural combo.
This dessert is sweet without adding any sugar, and only takes 3 minutes to make!
Here it is:
Sweetened by: fruit only
Special equipment: grater
Preps: 3 minutes
You will need:
1 apple, cored
1 ripe banana, peeled
1⁄3 cup plain yogurt/kefir/cream
Optional: a few squeezes fresh lemon
Optional: a tiny pinch ground cinnamon
How to make it:
1. Mash banana with a fork and add into a bowl.
2. Grate apple and add into the bowl.
3. Add yogurt/kefir/cream into the bowl.
4. Optional: splash some lemon on the fruit, and sprinkle cinnamon.
5. Mix with a spoon and serve.
- Apple only: Grate apple and add lemon and cinnamon
- Creamy banana: Mash banana with plain yogurt/kefir/cream
- Dairy-free: Replace dairy with a non-dairy substitute. Difference in flavor and texture to be expected.
Time to enjoy our fruity treat, and I will take this opportunity to wish you a wonderful weekend!
Wise Choice Market
DO YOU LIKE FRESH FRUIT?
I have written over 30 easy fruit recipes to make from scratch at home!
All the recipes are in my book Fresh Fruit Anyone? Easy Homemade Fruit Treats from Scratch, where you will find fruit-based snacks and desserts, mango porcupines, unique lemonades and smoothies, berry slushies, banana ice creams, orange-strawberry popsicles, peach jelloes, apple compotes, pear and berry jams, awesome no-bowl fruit salads, and much more!
I invite you to explore, enjoy, dig in, and be inspired by this fruitilicious feast!