- Homemade Orange Vegetable Soup
Homemade Orange Vegetable Soup
There’s nothing like a bowl of homemade steamy soup to warm us up from within when the season changes and it’s gray and frosty outside.
With that thought in mind, let’s get working on the lovely orange soup you see in the picture.
Preps: 25 minutes (cook time: about 50 minutes)
Makes: 1 large pot
You will need:
750 g (about 3 cups) butternut squash, peeled and diced (I use frozen)
5-6 carrots, coarsely sliced
1 sweet potato, coarsely diced
2 potatoes, coarsely diced
2 zucchini coarsely sliced
2 ripe tomatoes, cored and coarsely diced
1 purple carrot/white carrot/parsnip, coarsely sliced
Salt & cracked black pepper to taste
Optional for serving: sour cream/plain yogurt
Optional garnish: fresh cilantro/parsley/dill/green onions, finely chopped
Special equipment: blender/stick blender
How to make it:
1. In a large pot place all veggies and cover with water.
2. Bring to a boil, covered, occasionally stirring and skimming froth off. (Careful, hot!)
2. Reduce to medium-high heat, season to taste, and simmer until veggies are tender. No stress if they fall apart.
3. Let cool, then blend.
4. Serve with a dollop of yogurt and a pinch of fresh cilantro/parsley/dill/green onions
Go grab a bowl of soup, and I will take this opportunity to wish you a lovely weekend,
Wise Choice Market