- Homemade Strawberry-Banana Ice Cream with No Added Sugar
Homemade Strawberry-Banana Ice Cream with No Added Sugar
Today we’ll be making a strawberry-banana ice cream.
We won’t be adding any sugar. We’ll be using ‘nature’s sweetener’ (and by that I mean a ripe banana).
Strawberries and bananas are a fabulous duo. The banana is creamy and sweet, the strawberries are juicy and tart-ish, resulting in a dessert with a living, vibrant flavor.
Here it is.
Sweetened by: fruit only
Special equipment: stick blender/blender, freezer-friendly bowl
Preps: 10 minutes (freeze time: 4 hours)
You will need:
26-30 very ripe strawberries, stems removed
2 very ripe bananas, peeled and diced
2⁄3 – ¾ cup whipping cream
A few squeezes fresh lemon
How to make it:
1. Keep a few strawberries aside for garnish.
2. Blend the rest of the ingredients till smooth.
3. Freeze in a freezer-friendly bowl for about 4 hours.
4. Take out of freezer 30 minutes ahead of serving.
5. Garnish with fresh strawberry slices.
Dairy-free: Replace dairy with a non-dairy substitute. Difference in flavor and texture to be expected.
Time to enjoy our pinkalicious dessert, and I will take this opportunity to wish you a beautiful weekend,
Wise Choice Market