- Beautifully Simple Multi-Fruit Salad
Beautifully Simple Multi-Fruit Salad
Fruit salad anyone?
Fruit salad is a cinch to make and will work with any combination of fresh fruit, unsweetened dried fruit, and unsweetened frozen fruit.
Sweet tooth? Let’s enhance sweetness without adding sugar:
- Use very ripe fruit. It’s naturally sweeter. Very ripe bananas and very ripe mangoes are nature’s sweeteners (and they’re creamier too!)
- Unsweetened dried fruit is also very sweet. Cut it up small to let its sweetness blend with the rest of the fruit.
- Squeeze a ripe orange over the salad as a natural sweet sauce.
- Chopping the fruit small will enhance our perception of sweetness and help blend flavors. This includes small fruit such as grapes, and dried fruit.
Here it is.
Preps: 15 minutes (optional fridge time: 30 minutes)
You will need:
A bunch green grapes, halved
A bunch red grapes, halved
2 very ripe bananas, peeled and sliced or diced
1 very ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
1 apple, cored and diced
A bunch raspberries
A bunch strawberries, diced, stems removed
1 ripe orange, peeled, seeded and diced
1 ripe orange for the ‘sauce’, intact
A few squeezes fresh lemon
How to make it:
1. Place cut-up fruit in a bowl.
2. Squeeze orange and a few little splashes of fresh lemon as a sauce on top of the fruit. Mix.
3. Optional: refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the salad drench in the juice. This will blend the flavors.
Time to dig in!
Go enjoy your beautiful fruit salad, and I will take this opportunity to wish you a wonderful weekend,
Wise Choice Market