- A Little Something for the Soul
A Little Something for the Soul
Any guesses why I’m showing you my yarn stash?
Well, one of the reasons is that I just love knitting and crocheting. Do you?
Our post today is about the therapeutic qualities of hobbies, leisure and recreation.
It’s no secret that engaging in fun pastimes nourishes the soul, recharges our batteries, is fulfilling, enriching and relaxing, and brings a much needed balance into a busy life.
If you’re wondering where you will find the time to add yet another ‘task’ to an anyway demanding schedule, know that this is not meant as a ‘task’ or add stress by any stretch. Quite the opposite, this should be a fun stress relief.
Many pastimes require only a few minutes from time to time while providing a priceless benefit. Think of it as a TLC for the soul.
I jotted down a list of hobbies and pastimes, with different fields of interest, for various ages, both indoor and outdoor, active and laid back, simple and more complex, in short – something for everyone.
Anything that resonates?
Here it is, in no particular order:
- Sports, including dancing, swimming and workouts
- Outdoor: gardening, camping, travelling, walking outside or in nature, playing in the park
- Arts & crafts: knitting, crocheting, wood work, painting, drawing, coloring, pottery, sculpturing, soap making, candle making, embroidery, model building
- Pet care, horseback riding
- Board games, Lego, puzzles
- Learning a language
- Discovering: History, Geography, Anthropology, Science
- Getting together and exchanging ideas with friends, family and members of the community
- Movies, TV & screen (when used constructively)
- Last but not least: relaxing, resting, napping, sleeping
If I asked you to choose your top five favorites, which ones would they be? (Feel free to add anything else to the list)
Can you guess mine? I already revealed my love for knitting and crochet... I love writing too (which is why I’m writing this post…), walking outside (So refreshing!) and learning languages (Oui, oui!)
I find investing in one’s well-being and development, self-exploring and self-fulfillment, holistic in its very essence.
With that in mind, I will wish you a lovely weekend,
Enjoy, rest and have fun!
Wise Choice Market